Yes, we love muffins. They are an efficient way to get a lot of great nutrients into our kids, and are easy to pack and have as a nutrient dense snack while hiking or after working out.
This week, Ryan made up the recipe for Protein Packed Muffins, and it was a hit! We also talked about it on our HHH Podcast Episode #12: Food Friday- Protein Muffins, Hemp, and Making Your Own Kombucha.
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend all wet ingredients together in food processor or Vitamix.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup organic greek yogurt- we like full fat, but you can use any fat content.
- 1 cup unsweetened organic almond milk (can also use coconut, hemp, or rice milk)
- 1/2 cup agave or maple syrup(if you want to use other sugars that are dry, you will need to do 1 cup of sugar and add a bit of liquid somewhere else.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Add dry ingredients into the already blended liquid and blend.
- 3 cup organic rolled oats. We grind up 1/2 of these before hand and use the other half whole.
- 3 scoops Wilderness Athlete Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
After all of this blended, pour into previously greased muffin pan. We use coconut oil spray for that.
- 2-3 tablespoons of organic hemp seeds- sprinkle these on the top of the muffins. The more you use, the nuttier and more crunch you will get.
- Feel free to add other ingredients on top, such as blueberries, walnuts, or raisins.
Cook for 30 minutes.
This will make about 18 muffins.