Yep, it's true, we love kale. Our garden is usually overflowing with it from May- December and we can never use all of it. This year we got smart and threw it in the Excalibur dehydrator, and for weeks we had the "lovely" smell of kale filling the house.
If you are like us, you look at the price of all those green powders out there and shake your head. Well truth be told it doesn't take much kale to make a mason jar full of deep green, chlorophyl filled kale powder.
This means we get to have our nutrient rich kale all winter in our smoothies, pancakes, soups, and the list goes on.
Here's what you do:
- Harvest your kale: any type will work.
- Wash thoroughly. you can chop it if you like. This will make it easier when dried.
- Place on Excalibur drying sheets and dehydrate for 4-6 hours.
- Pull out and put in high power blender- we use the Powerbullet.
- Whalla! You have beautiful, healthy, kale powder!
- We store in a glass mason jar in freezer.