Einkorn is world’s most ancient wheat,
and the only wheat that’s never been hybridized. Einkorn is a delicious, healthy alternative to modern, mass market wheat and can be an excellent solution for those with gluten sensitivity. ( https://jovialfoods.com/einkorn/) Of course, we always buy organic, with the Jovial brand being our favorite.
When baking with this flour, the end products are light and fluffy, and full of rich flavor. This is a gluten product, but I find that some who are gluten intolerant can eat the einkorn because it has less processing.
This favorite muffin is great on a cool fall morning.
- 2 cups organic Einkorn flour
- 2 tsp baking soda, aluminum free
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- 1/2 cup whole milk, almond milk, or milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter muffin tins liberally.
- In medium bowl, toss together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add blueberries to flour mixture and toss.
- In large measuring glass, add agave, milk, butter, egg, and vanilla and blend with fork.
- Add liquid mixture to the flour mixture. It will be a wet mixture.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffins cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and then turn pan and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool, then enjoy with butter!
Yields: 12 medium muffins.