In this podcast Ryan and Hillary sit down at the Oregon Waterfowl Festival/NW Elk Camp with Scott and Beth Carr of Hammer and Chisel. They talk about a wide range of topics from hunting, health, marriage, and in the end they all get personal about themselves and what they are most grateful for (including Ryan and Hillary).
In this podcast you'll hear:
- Ryan and Hillary do an intro to Scott and Beth Carr.
- Ryan and Scott try to explain why it's hard to be called an expert.
- Hillary shares Beth's great 3-D shot with Kristy Titus. and how the Oregon Train to Hunt Oregon was so powerful.
- Beth's talent of supporting Train to Hunt competitors and how she likes to encourage others.
- How Hillary got panicked at the beginning of her first Train to Hunt.
- Scott shares how his health transformation started.
- Why Beth thinks Scott is more fun since being healthy, and Hillary shares Ryan's consistent love for the outdoors.
- The new stage of life with grown children and how they are starting to find more things in common that they never had.
- Beth shares her hunting history.
- Why resentment is easy for wives and why it has to do with experiences missed and time changes.
- Scott shares when he started hunting and Beth's deer harvesting story.
- Scott shares the premise of Hammer and Chisel FB page and why Scott is so proud of his tribe and learning to enjoy helping others.
- The biggest health changes they have made, meal planning, and food prep.
- Beth shares her health history and challenges.
- Why the choice to change needs to be so strong you can't not do it.
- Why you are always going to busy, but you will still take the time, and making healthier choices.
- Shares why she thinks Scott and Beth are so inspirational, and Ryan shares that helping people is becoming exciting.
- Scott and Beth share their greatest strengths, weaknesses, and what they are most grateful for- then turn the tables on Ryan and Hillary.