It's the New Year and everyone is looking to improve their health through exercise, losing weight, or gaining muscle--- but what about helping improve your biochemistry and the factors that could be leading to fatigue, weight gain, decreased libido, and a depressed mood? Testosterone is a big piece of this for men, so today's podcast addresses these very questions with talking some medical evidence into why lifestyle is so important for men's health! Dr. Jaclyn Chasse of Perfect Fertility is an expert in hormonal health for both men and women, and she gives some great information to set you up for The Testosterone Project - our New Year's program designed specifically to teach everything you ever wanted to know about your testosterone!
There is mature content in the podcast...so beware with your kiddos.
- Introduction of Dr. Jaclyn Chasse - Perfect Fertility.
- Research shows how the average man age 20-35 had a sperm count of 120 million/ml in the 1950s, where as today it's only 30 million/ml.
- The steady decline of sperm count correlates with testosterone, and how the environment plays a role in it.
- How exposures in the womb affects you now.
- The dirtiness of the 1970s and 1980s has created long standing disorders.
- The common signs of symptoms of low testosterone in men under and over 40.
- Why a 65 year old man should not have a libido of a 25 year old man, but should expect to feel healthy, active, and improved energy.
- The lifetime cycle of testosterone and when testosterone peaks and lowers.
- Testing for testosterone and how the labs work- and why clinical presentation is so vital.
- What to look for as normal numbers and why these numbers can vary based on the natural set point of each patient.
- Free vs. bound testosterone, SHBG.
- Ways to decrease SHBG- Genetics, herbs, and how our body adjusts to it- ad well as not over training.
- Why testosterone is a controlled substance.
- Clinical presentation: low libido, depression, irritation, fatigue,
- Replacement therapy and why running straight to hormones is not the first best choice.
- Fertility and how testosterone replacement is not good.
- Where to start when wanting to increase testosterone.
- Lifestyle: Exposure to environmental chemicals- plastics (phalates, BPA), skin care products. Maintaining healty diet- antioxidants, fruits and vegetables.
- Liver health and why it's so important for hormonal health.
- Glutathione and why it's so good but hard to absorb. Boosting with NAC, etc.
- Why HIIT and weight training are so vital for testosterone as well as sleep!!!
- Stress hormones and how they decrease the need to make babies- estrogen and testosterone.
- Andropause - the man's menopause- and is it "normal" for men?
- Thyroid conditions and what to check: TSH
- Foods and herbs: Maca and Tribulus.
- Why it's important to get testosterone from a reputable company because of contamination.
- Why Ryan hates Yohimbe.
- NSF certification and why it's important if you are looking for testosterone performance.
- Testosterone replacement: Pills, creams, shots and why you have to work with a doctor to get this right.
- Things to think about when taking tesosterone delivery methods.
- Clomid and conception.
- How hanging out with beautiful women can increase your testosterone, as well as having more sex.
- Being OK with where you and your partner are in your aging and sexual life.
Where to find Dr. Jaclyn Chasse:
Website: Perfect Fertility
Instagram: Perfect Fertility