On today’s Hunt Harvest Health podcast Ryan and Hillary go back in time and share one of their favorite stories- Ryan’s first backcountry mule deer hunt. There is no doubt that animals, and the stories about them, date back to prehistoric times. The oldest dated cave paintings recently discovered in Indonesia show drawings of local animals and the hands of the artists. Stories of the hunt, line the caves of France and Spain, where wooly mammoths, lions, saber tooth tigers, depict a time we can only imagine. Since the dawn of man, stories are what bring us together, and it’s especially true when we venture into the wild. Here’s to keeping the stories alive….
Here's some of what you'll here:
- How stories and hunting are connected.
- Ryan's first mule deer hunt at the age of 15 in the backcountry of Washington and how he survived it.
- Why Ryan was born for the hunt.
- Hillary's near death fall hiking to a frozen lake...with guess who?
- The benefit of listening to each other.
- Hunting solo.
- Cousin Joey- Ryan's partner in crime.
- Why Ryan has never been a hunting guide.